July 17, 2018

Wanna One World Tour in Jakarta

Hi finally Im back (again)! I dont know how many times I have gone on hiatus, but the urge to write again suddenly comes back. This time I will share my story about my experience in watching concert in Indonesia for the first time for Wanna One. My first kpop concert was JYJ Asia Tour in Hongkong in 2014, then continued by TVXQ Special Live Tour T1STORY in Bangkok. I always like going to kpop concerts for my bias because I can meet and watch them closely and the thought of being in the same place together really makes me happy. Back to the main story, I started to like Wanna One in January this year right before my final national exam. If you are unfamiliar with kpop, they are trainees coming from Produce 101 season 2. I suggest you to watch the show first to understand how hard they have worked to be able to debut. Im not the type that easily changes my bias from one to another. I've liked TVXQ as five members for 11 years now and Wanna One is the other group that I like right now. After the announcement that they would be holding a world tour, I was so excited that I kept on following the updates on twitter about when and where the world tour will be hold. Jakarta was on the list! I was hesitated for days on whether I should watch in Jakarta or in another country that's still close to Indonesia. It's mostly because I didnt have any experience in going to concerts in Indonesia and I knew how chaos it would be watching from previous kpop concerts updates. In the end I chose to watch it in Jakarta with my younger sister and we bought the standing section CAT 1 because I wanted to watch as close as possible to the stage but with reasonable price. 

 

15 July 2018: D-day
We arrived quite early around 11am and I went to search for the person who helped me to buy the ticket. It was really crowded at that time; I was surprised because early in the morning I saw people updating in twitter they were already at the venue around 6-7am. After getting my tickets, I went around to buy merchandises and search for freebies. It was so damn hot and humid that I kept on sweating. We entered the venue at 5pm where they did body check. This was where the problems started. It was not that strict; they only checked if we had foods or drinks with us. Swing Ent as Wanna One agency has been really strict with cameras and videos in concerts yet Indonesian promotor only did superficial check? Yes. We were led to a holding area where the section has been separated. I was confused at first because the room was huge and the sign wasnt clear enough and there's no one to ask. People around me confusely queued and we didnt know if we were standing at the right place. The categories were VIP right left, CAT 1 right left, CAT 2 right center left, CAT 3, and CAT 4. The first three sections were free standing and with queue number to enter the venue but in Indonesia, of course, queue number has no use. I was in CAT 1 left and all of us waited for so long to enter the venue. In the end, you know what happened? They told all of us to enter at the same time and of course everybody ran! I didnt know what was in their mind at that time. They didnt think about their own safety. I and my sister stood in the back; it was less crowded and we still could see the stage clearly. The concert started at 7pm and this was when the chaos started. After singing 2-3 songs, the show was resumed. I was confused at first, but then the promotor told us to step back a little bit because the front crowd had been really packed and kept on pushing each other. Being paused for 30 minutes, the concert was resumed again and it ended at 10pm. During the concerts, it wasnt allowed to record or take pics but once again, people started to take out their phones to record. The promotor was unable to control the crowd and it happened. Despite all the dramas, the concert itself was amazing! Wanna One didnt disappoint me at all; they were beyond my expectation. Of course Kang Daniel was really cute and sexy the whole time!!! I sang and danced along throughout the concert lol I had expect myself to lose my voice the next day because of too much screaming (this happened to me twice at JYJ and TVXQ concerts) but thankfully nothing happened. I hope I still can watch their next concert as they are going to disband this year :( Perhaps the final concert in Seoul. Should I go?


All I wanna do WANNA ONE!

From one of my favorite fansite Peach UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment